Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
hotshot77

716 Hydro/what are they worth?

hotshot77
I have located a 716H and I am going too try too negotiate with the gentleman that has it.It has good year ags on the back and a mower deck.It looks too be in super condition.What should I look for when inspecting it.I have never had any dealings with a Hydro lawn tractor.It is one of those deals where it is sitting out uncovered and too nice of a tractor too waste.Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris727
Value is pretty relative. It largely depends on location, time of year, etc. I almost bought one for $400 but I missed it by a few minutes. Some will say that was too much$$. Make sure the bevel gear box doesn't have excessive play. Most any problem on these can be remedied.

acfarmer
I'd put it in the $300 to $500 price range,Postives are 16HP,hydro and ags.Ags if in good shape add at least $100 to any garden tractor. Also how bad you want one is a big factor.

PhanDad
See: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/articles/sam_used_check.htm If it's in as good a shape as you say, I'd go $500 or so. Like others have said, depends on local conditions and how bad you want it.