Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Buickgsman

freeing up steering sector on 2010 Landlord

Buickgsman
My Landlord steering worked for a while after i got it.. not well but it turned. Then one day ot froze up solid.. So i took the steering apart and found that the steering box/ sector is completely frozen. Is there any way to unstick this and get it working smooth again? I am not sure what it looks like inside but the outside looks fine. Thoughts? Thanks Bob

Roy
Try penetrating oil first. If unsuccessful then disassemble, repair as needed, and reassemble. Link below has a parts blowup. "http://www.jackssmallengines.com/help.cfm" Use the Search For Model option and follow the drill down to Landlord. The 2010 is toward the bottom of the list so you will have to scroll down to find it. Would help if you download the parts manual from the Simplicity Technical Publications site for Manufacturing Number 990395 or 990396. Hope this helps,

MrSteele
Good penetrating oil and a small tapping hammer should get it apart, then as Roy said. You might not get it apart on the first attempt, or even the second or third, but each attempt will work the penetrant into the gearbox and finally it will work loose. WD-40 is not an option here, use a real penetrating oil.