Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Diesel Engine

D10-Allis

New to the club but have visited daily for years. Thanks to crankyyankee for the diesel engine pics last September I was looking for confirmation that it would fit before I bought one.I finally spent the 10 bucks everyone talks about. There's definitly more to see when your a member.^

Looks like a neat professional job. ^ Would love to see more pictures and learn details of your diesel conversion. Am also interested what the vibration levels are from the engine, what hp, brand, etc. Welcome aboard.

That's a sharp looking install Jeff.dOd If that is the 10hp. you are never going to stop that tractor. I have a Lister-Petters in my W.H. and it is just incredible. More pictures please!sm06 Chris

Great install I like the way it looks with the can muffler and breather on it. Does this have an electric start on it? Where did you get your engine from? MORE PICS PLEASE

Thanks for the welcome. Here's some pics.

D is for diesel and its a 10 HP from carrol stream. So far money well spentsm01

The conversion was pretty simple, but don't expect it to fall into place, needed to open up the half moon cutout in the bottom of the frame for clearance, I used the rear mounting holes for the motor and drilled new ones for the front and didn't use any rubber mounting, no vibration. The grill frame needs to be cut out underneath in front corner for the front oil dipstick to clear. Needed to make exhaust flange and weld to a 1" 90 degree elbow for the exhaust, stock air cleaner that came with the motor wouldn't fit had to redesign that ended up buying a different filter, tapped the tank with a 1/8" pipe fitting for the return line. Removed dash, took off choke cable, volt meter still functions, don't need the key but I still have push button start.:p

Very nice job. Did you have to use a different lenght drive shaft. From pictures the diesel looks to be about the same depth as a 10 HP Briggs.If you don't mine me asking what does a 10 horse diesel cost.

I have an e-mail address for a place that was selling the 10hp. diesel with electric start for $349.00 + $81.00 shipped to SD. I will contact them today to see if the prices are still current. Also available were versions in 6hp. and 4 hp. They use these on concrete pumps and have had no issues with them. According to them. Chris

Took some more pics tonight found out the data sticker on the fuel tank reads 3000 RPM, data sticker on the engine reads 3600 RPM sm00

here's the exhaust elbow that was made, you do need to relieve a spot for the nuts and washers to clear the elbow.

driveshaft hooked right up, no cutting required, will see how this works without the floppy disk first

this was my grill template where the front underside corner needed to be cleared out for the oil stick.

Here's the parts that I did not use off the engine. Engine came from carrol stream, 10 hp, shipping included it was delivered to my front step for $550.OO

The fiber disc is the universal joint in that end of the shaft. Your asking for trouble if you don't have one in place. Now then, that's a great looking conversion.