Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

adding electric lift

Bob

They were optional on the 7100 series tractors. They are on ebay pretty much all the time. Might be able to locate one by placing a want ad in the classifieds here. http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=heCBEN8crOYrE3CN_5kbp796Dq

This is the hydrostatic tractor. Thought it would be easier to add elec. lift than trying to find all the hydro parts. Power source, switch, and lift. Or am I just wasting money and time?

It is my understanding that the electric lifts have some reliability problems while the hydraulic are pretty much trouble free. The electric may be easier to install as it is a pain to work underneath on the hydraulic cylinder and lines. I have had no problems with my hydraulic lift although I notice when starting in cold weather it is more important to use the clutch than on the one without a hydraulic lift. (The charge pump oil must go through the lines to the hydraulic valve and back to the hydrostatic drive.) Tom

My understanding too is that the electric lift is slow. Fine for cutting grass but for plowing snow (rapid up/down) either the armstrong or hydro lift is the way to go.

I would bet that being irritated by the slowness will not overcome the soreness of a shoulder, especially if they do not have the ability. I have talked to more then one person that loves the electric lifts! Me, I like the hydro... If I did not have hydro I would want electric over armstrong, and I am more then capable of lifting with the lift arm.

Add the hydraulic lift its the only way to go. I have a 3410H the has been my grandfathers from day one and he left it to me.It has electric lift and its so slow compared to the hydro lift. I would do the research and add the hydro lift.I have had the tractor for years and have had the electric lift gone threw a few times to.(hydro lift is almost trouble free)If I could put hydro lift on this 3410H I would consider it. Nick

I've had both the hydraulic and electric lifts. I don't feel that there's much difference in either system, as long as they are maintained. The hydraulic system is dependent upon the engine running, the bevel gear box and the charge pump being operational. The electrical system requires a 12v battery. Pick your poison.

I have 7116H and a newer late 90's model Sovereign and there is know comparison with the hydro lift and electric lift.I also have a couple 2010's with the vickers hydro lift and that's works much better then the electric lift to. I have them all now to.I guess it's what you like.That's why I have so many Simplicity's and Allis Chalmers Tractor's.:D:D:D nick