Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
xenon172

Thaw + Rain = High Water

xenon172
Took the back way on our way to pick up some parts yesterday since we were curious how the river looked after a January thaw and a pretty heavy rain storm during the night. The old bridge in West Cornwall had some high water but not very impressive. Further down the road Kent Falls had enough water cascading over it to make it worth stopping for a few pictures and a video. The river was really raging when we got to Bulls Bridge so a few more pictures were in order. I always enjoy seeing the shots that Marty posts so I thought some members might enjoy seeing my little corner of my little state and even looking at some videos. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AugdoDm2b3k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZN1os2Q2Ro

MPH
Cool pictures Adam. If i ever make a trip to the NE part of the country guess I'll have to drive all the old back roads, sure do like them old covered bridges. Did you stop and listen to the river flow'.?

xenon172
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Cool pictures Adam. If i ever make a trip to the NE part of the country guess I'll have to drive all the old back roads, sure do like them old covered bridges. Did you stop and listen to the river flow'.?
Sure did. Watch the videos you can hear the flow for yourself Marty

ReedS
quote:
Nice pictures. The video was nice but after listening to the water,I have go pee.
LOL I'm assuming that the "river" is the Housatonic? I'm pretty sure that I've traveled some of those roads myself. Nice area, lotsa New Yorkers though.... We've lost all our snow cover here as well......at least for now

xenon172
quote:
Originally posted by ReedS
quote:
Nice pictures. The video was nice but after listening to the water,I have go pee.
LOL I'm assuming that the "river" is the Housatonic? I'm pretty sure that I've traveled some of those roads myself. Nice area, lotsa New Yorkers though.... We've lost all our snow cover here as well......at least for now
Yes it is the Housatonic, sorry I didn't mention it. Yes way too many New Yorkers but not this time of year.

xenon172
quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Vids don't work on my old dial up Adam, Guess I'll just have to drive up to Chenna hot springs to hear water flow this time of the year. :)
Wish you could watch them Marty but darn it you got HOT springs. That sounds real good since we have a cold front coming in and the temperatures will be getting back to normal.

Sign in to follow this