Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
kenmill1958

Tecumseh Governor Problems

kenmill1958
Having trouble setting up the governor on my JD walk behind snowblower. I know this is not Simplicity but figured someone here might have experience with these. Machine was not throwing snow to save its life. Rebuilt carb and replaced belts. Throws snow a short distance. Governor doesn't seem to be kicking in and picking up the load. Any help appreciated. Thanks Ken

DeltaBravo
Try searching google photos, and google & bing for the particular frame model you have. I found a number of sites, just never book marked them.

powerking_one
Ken, The basic mechanical governor linkage setup is the same for all engines. On this engine, you would loosen the 5/16" head screw which holds the governor arm to the clamp on the governor shaft. Then while holding the arm in the full throttle position, rotate the clamp/shaft fully towards this same position and tighten the screw. Usually there are a series of holes on the governor arm where the spring attaches and a good starting position is the mid-way one. These are for adjusting the sensitivity of the governor system. Hooking it more towards the outter holes increases the sensitivity. Tom(PK)