Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Stickid

hydraulics for a Broadmoor

Stickid
I am considering purchasing my second Simplicity and it is a 1965 Broadmoor. I am wondering if I can add hydraulics to it like I have on my Landlord 2010. Anybody done that before and what thoughts do you all have on the best way to accomplis this? Thanks Bob R

Chris727
Anything can be done, but I would say its not worth it. The broadmoor is very small, and the verticle shaft engine's crank is already in use driving the deck and trans. A hydraulic pump would likely have to be mounted under the frame in order to be powered by the engine, this would leave it sticking out from under the tractor. Why do you need hydrolift on a little broadmoor anyway? The decks are lightweight and none of the lifted implements were terribly heavy. They are really an overbuilt lawn tractor, not practical for using moldboard plows or heavy ground engaging equipment.

Stickid
Thanks for the info, with that in mind I will simply clean it up and use it light duty and as little brother to my Landlord. That also means the Landlord will need a big brother as well. I'm hoping to find a big ten or something like a 725. Fortunatley I have a hangar where I can hide them all from my wife, I mean store them!