Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Garden Mark by Simplicity?

prestcpa1

I just saw this Garden Mark on Craigslist. It looks similar to other simplicity of that time. Does anyone know if these are very common or worth the $150 asking price? Thanks!

I have an orange Garden Mark Squire (1963). The same as a Simplicity 725. Buy it if looks good and running. jh

It should be the same as a '64 or so Landlord, I think. Even looks like it has original Wards Riverside tires on the back8D. "asking $150" Offer $100, parts are worth that;)

Thanks for the advise - I think I'll drive down on Saturday and offer $100 for it. It's not far from where I live. Just one more thing that will make my wife happy! ngr2

This may be the same guy that also has a tiller for sale for the 4 5 and 6000 series. If it is he is pretty nice to talk to and deal with.

Here are more pics. I inquired about it, wanting it, but knowing I'll never get around to fixing it. I have a free early model B10 sitting in the shed for a couple of years now and haven't been to get to it. If a club member cant get this, great!

It's only 2 hours away from me, and the price is good, I just can't justify buying it to sit in my shed. Hopefully someone else here will get it.

Sorry, I'll try pasting this again. One thing I noticed is the yellow bracket for the starter generator. It looks like it might be from an Allis. Re: Garden Mark Squire From: shane hartman <gospelshane1@yahoo.com> Add to Contacts To: Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I bought it at a auction in November, I started it up and drove on the trailer, the engine appears to be original as far as I know, it matches a 728 I had, I tried to start it today and the battery is dead, I am going to put a charger on it and attempt to get it running --- On Fri, 1/29/10, Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> wrote: From: Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Garden Mark Squire To: "shane hartman" <gospelshane1@yahoo.com> Date: Friday, January 29, 2010, 12:44 PM What do you know about the history of it? Is the engine original? I see it appears to have a bracket from an Allis Chalmers on the starter generator. Do you remember a little more precisely that last time it was started? Darin Butcher Easton Custom Frames Cell: 618-779-2255 e-mail: darinwb@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: shane hartman <gospelshane1@yahoo.com> To: Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> Sent: Fri, January 29, 2010 9:18:19 AM Subject: Re: Garden Mark Squire Darin, Here are some more pics, let me know if you need any other pics Thanks Shane --- On Wed, 1/27/10, Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> wrote: From: Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: Garden Mark Squire To: "shane hartman" <gospelshane1@yahoo.com> Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 5:10 PM I look forward to more pictures. As far as the tiller goes, I don't know if it will fit the Squire or not. Simplicity made quite a few different tractors, and I don't know what tractor models that tiller will fit. Darin Butcher Easton Custom Frames Cell: 618-779-2255 e-mail: darinwb@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- From: shane hartman <gospelshane1@yahoo.com> To: Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> Sent: Wed, January 27, 2010 2:12:00 PM Subject: Re: Garden Mark Squire I do still have the tractor, it has a 38" deck I believe I will try to send more pics, it needs front tires badly, may need a battery and carb cleaned I have not started it in a couple of months, I have a tiller for a simplicity not sure if this tractor has enough power for it, does have the right pulley set up for it? Thanks Shane --- On Wed, 1/27/10, Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> wrote: From: Darin Butcher <darinwb@yahoo.com> Subject: Garden Mark Squire To: sale-bxg2j-1569323723@craigslist.org Date: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 1:51 PM ** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY ** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home ** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping ** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html Do you still have the tractor? Do you have any more pictures of it? Any attachments, like mower deck? Thanks! Darin Butcher Easton Custom Frames Cell: 618-779-2255 e-mail: darinwb@yahoo.com

If it were a little closer to home I'd have to have that one for 150 bucks;) Haven't found a 'new' tractor for some time now.

I still haven't heard anything back from the owner to see if he has tried to start it. I'll have to give him a jingle again.

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
For that money, I wouldn't wait, I'd buy!
I agree, doesn't matter if it runs. Its complete, thats enough for me.

Don't know if anyone from here bought it, but it sold Monday. I just received the message in my e-mail today. I wasn't waiting for anything, unfortunately I don't have a place to store it, the money to work on it, nor the time. I'll be lucky to finish the engine swap in my 917 by the time I need to mow grass.

I'm gonna be sick now...knowing that was so close to me...what was the craigslist ad? I never saw it...Yep I just threw up cuz I missed that