Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JJ MARSHALL

BEFORE THE SNOW

JJ MARSHALL
OK the weather man says that we should be getting snow FRIDAY night and SAT hope he,s wrong. i know a lot you says that it,s a lot of fun.with your blowers and blades . at one it was fun for me .but i,ve got to old to be playing in the snow.but i got my old simplicity ready i hope. is there any way that i can talk all of you in to keeping it up there are out there where ever you are so that so you can have all the fun? TALK ABOUT SNOW ha ha. JJ

HubbardRA
We got 15 inches up here in VA from the last big snow. Now they say we will get 4 to 6 inches tomorrow. Too little to use the EF1D on and I still don't have my blower mounted on a tractor. Yesterday I fixed a walk behind blower for a guy down the street. Guess I will have to borrow it if we get 6 inches of fluff like they say. That way I can eliminate the ice buildup in my driveway that I usually get if I don't remove the snow. I am with you JJ, the snow should be up north, not in Southern VA and the Carolinas.

Blazerjeepman3
I am one of the old fellows in this club and still enjoy the snow. Here in Mooresville it looks very cloudy with that snowy look. Bring it on!!. I have my 3314V ready to play .

steve-wis
Well, I am not THAT old, coming up on 56, but I would gladly take your 15 inches of snow for up here in Wisconsin if you would take the 6 below zero temp this morning. Do I have a trade???? (By the way, I am originally from upper Michigan and up there 16 inches of snow along with the 10 to 20 below zero wasn't uncommon, so I am really not complaining!) Even my wife (also a yooper) likes winter! Steve

MPH
Looking at the weather map looks like it is headed east from NM. My son said all he got was rain and some sleet. Maybe it'll all dump in eastern Tenn and spare you coastal guys.

D-17_Dave
Been snowing for an hr now and the ground is covered already. Looking for 10" by tom mid-day. That's OK, I have my parts from Sandy Lake in today and my heater hooked up in my shop. Looks like I'm all set until I have to leave Wednesday for Daytona for working on my D-15.

JJ MARSHALL
i still enjoy all my simplicitys but i just can do as much i use to . when i first join this club i could stay with the owls and fly with the eagles but that was about 6 years ago. but time has taken it,s toll. i was 68 went i join this club. 68 plus 6 = 74 JJ

Blazerjeepman3
It snowing right now in Mooresville pretty good.Steady snow maybe 1 1/2 Inches . Weather channel and local stations calling for maybe 6 to 8 inches.I"ll be 68 in march, work in my shop everyday, still like to work on old tractors and play in the snow.

acfarmer
Hope this storm stays South like they say and we don't get much, the storm just before Christmas dropped 28" here the most I have ever seen here out of a single storm

Willy
Well I'm 71 and the hardest part of moving snow is getting on and off the old foot dragger with the heavy boots .bibs and heavy coat. Then after I get all bundled up and out in the cold and struggle to get my leg over the tractor then start moving snow Guess what I got to off and Pee. Now that getting old.

Blazerjeepman3
Willy ,sometimes is it tiring getting on and off these tractors,but I still do it. I spent close to 5 hours today clearing driveways and pulling a non 4 wheel drive suv up a drive way. MY neighbor was doubting the 3314 would do it. I cleared about 30 feet of drive way ,backed down on the cleared part,hooked a 40 ft chain to the back of up the suv and pulled him to the top of his drive.We ended up with 6 to 7 inches of snow and some sleet.I resting now!!

pungo
We got 6-7 inches in NC where I'm at and it was fun finally using the tractor and blade,worked like a charm cleaning the driveway( after jumping it off from my truck cause I bought a cheap walmart battery). Hang in there JJ!That is one cool tractor/blade setup.

Willy
I think most of the fun comes from having people comment on how good my drive and sidewalk look. When I tell them my tractors are 40+ years old that really empresses them. I don't really enjoy the snow but I do enjoy showing off my Fleet.:D

GregB
Here in Southern Lancaster County PA the national weather service is calling for upwards to 2 feet of snow :O:O Firewood is in the porch, blade on the 716-6spd, blower on the 917, weights and chains ready. Tommorrow I'll fire up the fleet, gas, and probably check the generator too, just in case.

acfarmer
Snowing here in central VA this morning forecast now is over 2ft up to 30".I have regular farm tractors and an Ariens GT 18 with a 4ft 2 stage snowblower that'll get the job done.Would love to find a 2 stage blower to put on one of my Sunstars