Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
goatfarmer

My turn, what's it worth?

goatfarmer
Took a load of appliances to the scrapyard this morning. There was an AC 410S sitting there. Nice sheet metal, headlights, had a mower deck, and rear lift, tires not bad, and all held air. Kohler 10HP under the hood, again all there, still had a battery in it. Seat was missing the vinyl, and pad, but the seat pan was there. How hard are shuttle parts for these to find? Assuming it doesn't run, but nothing major, I thought about offering $100.00. Thoughts?

sammiefish
offer it!! Ive read some recent posts on the shuttle... kinda scary... but ... my buddy has a 7014 shuttle without trouble... i love these 3/400s but that is a sentimental thing... if its at a scrap yard then you might offer $25... you can always go up from there!... and the scrap yard wont be offended as its not the tractor they have cared for for 35 years.... Id like to know what good PM on a shuttle would be... last week i just got a 416 shuttle with a blower... running driving working blower from the original 87 yr old owner... and it wasnt his first AC either... im not telling what i paid but i certainly didnt get beat up...

CarlH
I would make an offer a little above the metal salvage value. The scrapyard likely has no idea about component values except possibly the Kohler engine. Having said that, I would start lower:D

jfrank1962
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Well, tin is $155.00 a ton, I don't think it weighs that much.8D Sounds like a trip back to the yard is in order.
Don't forget to take the camera ;)

SmilinSam
Last year my kid gave $85 for a 2010 w/tiller & tiller drive + Wheel weights . That was the asking price of the scrap yard, priced by weight.

kenmill1958
Last year I picked up a Wheelhorse in a scrap yard for $25.00. The guy wanted $100.00. After a little investigation I noticed a few parts missing. Told him He could keep what he owes me which was the $25.00. Ended up selling it to a kid to use as a puller.