Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Boasting My '738 Broadmoor

Yeoman627

Ripped through today's snowfall here in Soutrhern Connecticut (we got about a foot of powder). Worked real well. The few issues I had are: frozen throttle cable (temporarily substituted one from my other tractor), occassional carburetor flooding (not sure what's happening here, perhaps the needle valve is getting stuck), and weak battery. All in all I got some good work out of it today. Even got a little carried away and took care of my neighbors. Could probably benefit from the weight accessory package (wheel weights, etc ...) - I'll keep my eyes open for that. The chains helped alot. http://pages.cthome.net/atkelly/images/broadmoor.jpg

Check your air filter, it may be getting plugged with snow (moisture). It happened on mine today and I removed the filter and reinstalled the shell (should be safe, no dust in air).

For an inexpensive solution to rear weights, you may want to add windshield washer fluid (make sure it's winter formulas with antifreeze) to your tires. You could probably add about 35 pounds or so to each rear tire for less than $10 ... it's about 8 lbs per gallon, and on sale it's about a buck a gallon.

I plowed with my wonderboy 700 yesterday and just left the tiller on for weight, have lug tires and chains so it worked good. -BradW

That's a great idea to leave the tiller on for weight Brad - and if you get an ice storm maybe you will be using it to make ice cubes!