Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

last wks buy...416

sammiefish

i bought a 416 from the original (87yr) owner last week. it included a blower.. it was a 300 series blower on a 416.... he knew what he was doing !!!! he was using it until through last year!!! MAMA insisted he buy a new tractor blower (and this time it was a JD) too bad AC is a non issue. his son (55yrs) helped me load he remembers it new....and it wasnt the first allis in his family...they had one immediatly previously that blew up (low oil)....he had to mow by hand a whole year til his dad got this one.... i bet it was never low on oil again.... i couldnt get the trailer pics up but here is one.... got a couple new switches... this one the lights work if you bypass the switch... came with chains too... nice... anyone got a seat? thats in my little barn... the oil was milky when i got it home... the immediate oil change is always a good idea... !! next is to drain th bgb and trans before i do anything else... my 312H is waiting too since i got the charging issue worked out!!

got a resizer..

thats the son... he seems a little engauged... maybe remembering all the hours he put in on her..

it was early on a work day so we could get to work that day do you see the burn from the muffler... thats another thing i need x2..... :)

Certainly looks ready to work. Milky oil? Do they get that much condensation inside the engine? If it was run like that I think I'd try to medicate it with one of the new superlubes. Maybe some Slick 50 or some such thing.

it starts right up... even the battery holds a nice charge... it started on saturday morning... it was -8 degrees the battery had been sitting all week.. so that seems OK for now. well, milky probably wasnt the best description but it did look like there was moisture in the oil... it was sitting outside so it surely was wet... I figured sitting out it could have moisture... so hence the oil change so soon. My others dont ever show this "condensation" so i imagine it from sitting... ??? i just dont know... she does not smoke a bit... and supposedly had a valve job 2 years ago.. the electric clutch works and the blower spins great... the scraper bar on the blower needs a little attention though. good idea with the oil treatment... i hadnt thought of that... I figure Ill run this oil for a couple hours then change it again as well...