Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB 212 Tractor and Sickle Bar

bob1959

I just finished my sickle bar this weekend and thought you guys might want to see how it turned out with my HB 212 that I finished several months ago. The sickle bar was in really nice condition and totally complete for mounting. I may sell the sickle bar in the future, but I can't part with the tractor.

Great looking tractor and sickle. You did some awesome work. If I remember correctly, you were having some trouble with the rebuilt Vickers. How was the issue resolved?

Beautiful tractor and sickle bar! It looks like you used the same attention to detail that is needed to restore a car! Dan

Paint looks very close to Allis Chalmers Old Yellow which should be original. What kind and numbert is it?

Thanks guys, I have restored 5 antique autos and competed in the Antique Auto Club of America and all were Senior winners and 2 of them were Grand National winners. I love restoring old things to new. I also have done several clockface antique gas pumps. The hydro was rebuilt by my old AC dealer. We machined out and put in new bearing and seal on shaft. It replced the one that always leaked with the O ring. The paint is "New Yellow" formula. I mixed it in Dupont auto paint.

quote:
Originally posted by bob1959
JimH, that is a 1949 Cadillac convertible that I restored in 1994.
Bob, thank's for the clarification on the car. I definately knew it was a General Motors vehicle. A great combination, a Cadillac and Allis-Chalmers garden tractor.

You make a fdt owners proud! i recommend you keep the sickle b/c w/restore it looks like they been together their whole life.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• ShaunE
    • SmilinSam
    • a_sannine
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts