Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

grnlark

Need some Hydro Knowledge

grnlark
Well, just like Christmas morning there was a package at the door when I came home from work today. In the package was the hydro lift setup I bought off of Craigslist for $200. I'm very excited. I've been looking for a good deal hydro for a while for my 2010. But now that it's here, I need some help. I've never seen one of these on nor do I have the foggiest clue how it gets installed. Does anyone have pics, diagrams or a step by step recommendation of how this should be done? I'll more than likely need new hoses, but there's a place close to me that makes them, so I'm not too worried about that. Thank you in advance, Matt

Burntime
The pulley goes in by the driveshaft...the rest is really simple once you drop the deck and crawl under it. The large metal piece anchors the ram... You need the pin to put the ram to the anchor. That is one nice tractor!

adamf203
Where did you get the lights and brackets??? That is one sharp looking tractor. Like burn time said, the pully goes in by the drive shaft. The unit has three bolts that bolt only to the main housing, and the pully on the unit and the shaft should line up - put the belt on and pull the unit upwards to put tension on the belt, and bolt her down. The yoke attaches to the lift mechanism using a rod and two cotter pins. The rear connects to the bracket. Connect the hoses and your golden.

grnlark
Thanks for the compliments guys, and thanks for the quick replies. This is exactly what I was looking for. Maynard, the instructions are perfect. Adam, Those are the light brackets that were on the tractor when I bought it. In fact I have one extra set I kept from my B112, which are identical. I just blasted them and painted them orange. The lights are from some AC and I bought them a while back from a club member here in the classified section.

BLT
Headlight brackets look the the ones from the square hood Soverigns and Broadmoors of the same vintage. I bet bottom bolt hole has a radius cut so you can angle the light beam to suit.

pungo
That may be the nicest 2010 I've seen here,original or not. Clean looking Hydrolift,will you paint the oil resovoir orange? You will really like that thing if you use it.