Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
OrangeMetalGuy

Possible N'or Easter

OrangeMetalGuy
Looking to get 12-20 inches, a friend who works in the weather dept. for the state says it might be much more. Ok with me!:D I might have to plow all day long. That is truly a shame. Oh well, if someone has to do it I will volunteer.

HubbardRA
You can have it. I don't want any more here in VA. Not looking forward to this snow at all, even though I do have my 716H and 48 inch trip blade ready this time with AG tires and 100 lb of additional weight on the tractor.

BLT
Back here the snowblowers have been silent since the 8th of January. It's a real bugger having to walk around them, checking the oil - gas and let the sun melt the little dustings we have had. But in retrospect, I would hate see you all miss out on the good stuff we normally do.:o):o)

albj93
I hope we get feet not inches!! Probably will get rain as I have most of the machines ready except for the 7016 as it broke the snow blower belt. This has been a good winter so far. Total of 34 inches from three snowfalls. Can't wait!! Andy Waldorf Md

Roy
You crazy people are welcome to all the snow that I might get in E. Tennessee. :D Snow is cold, slippery, and difficult to walk and drive in. Much prefer warmer temperatures and rain.

RUMBLEFISH
Well my BIG TEN will not be ready this year but "dont get mad" my JD will and I can't wait. [IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2m0ggw.jpg[/IMG]  [IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/f0osd2.jpg[/IMG]

Gary
I remember the blizzard of '78, well! We had rain before the blizzard. It was pure nasty! I told the Fire Dept. that I'd go get the snow plow and be there in 20 minutes. They told me to sit tight, and wait for a snowmobile??? I figured they'd lost their minds...but I waited. It was the strangest 1/2 mile ride of my life! Up...down...over...back...and this was on a straight, flat highway! Anyway, back to reality. What's the JD pics doing on an Allis/Simplicity web site????????

sammiefish
Im hoping for the "wrap around" ... sorta like '93 "the blizzard of the century" :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard_of_1993 here near Syracuse we arent up to our norms yet this year... http://www.city-data.com/top2/c464.html but it doesnt look like we'll get anything this wknd!! grrr... just get your groceries today though... you guys have fun, just go slow!!

perry
i would be happy with more than 2" to plow. my 3012 with blower has a dead battery & the allis B-110 with cab & blade hasn't moved in a month and now the mice are in it and i lost spark }:). i have been only useing my red landlord to haul some wood and plow the dusting off the drive. im ready for a all day plow-a-thon 8D

RUMBLEFISH
quote:
Originally posted by xenon172
Looking back at 1978. Don't think this is what folks are hoping for. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxndRIsQJHw&feature=related
I remember that storm. I lived in RI and was 19 at the time. I opened the garage door to start to shovel and it was about 2 inches from the top. Cars had been ordered off the road for a week and I ran my Hodaka 100 dirt bike up and down the town streets and nobody cared. They had to pull sleds to get to the store but I was fying around having a blast.

Willy
I don't care if I never see snow again,I would rather mow and plow garden then plow and blow snow. I don't remember ever having enough fun in the winter, to ever wish for more snow.(Maybe I'm just getting old and cranky):D

sammiefish
quote:
Originally posted by RUMBLEFISH
I remember that storm. I lived in RI and was 19 at the time. I opened the garage door to start to shovel and it was about 2 inches from the top. Cars had been ordered off the road for a week and I ran my Hodaka 100 dirt bike up and down the town streets and nobody cared. They had to pull sleds to get to the store but I was fying around having a blast.
Hodaka 100!! wow, my brother got one of those around 1980... i think it finally went as the parts were tough to get... we had fun on that bike though.... chrome gas tank right?

RUMBLEFISH
Yep chrome tank and all. Mine was called the B+ model. Like a trail bike but it was loads of fun. The real week point was the trans shift system but other then that it was decent and yea parts near the end dried up.

HubbardRA
They are are predicting 18 to 24 inches here in VA where I live. It is Friday at 11:30 and it has started to snow pretty steadily now. I have the EF1D sitting beside my driveway, and my AC716H with the 48 inch blade sitting behind my son's car under the carport. I just finished making a long pole to pull the snow off the roof of the carport to prevent a collapse. A friend had his carport collapse on his pickup and his wife's car in the December snow. He still doesn't have them back from the body shop, and may not get them till spring. Don't want that to happen to me. I also got the parts to make a jumper pigtail in case the electricity goes off and I have to use my generator. Firewood on the back porch for about a day. Since I am mostly ready this time, maybe the snow will not be as bad as predicted. I hope it stays below a foot.

OrangeMetalGuy
The thing is, you want to go out and plow 4-5 times during a storm like this. No fun if you just wait till it's over and plow once. It's hours in the seat that counts! :D

GregB
Finally drying out from this mornings 917H Blower run. Boy I wished I had found the time to get the cab modified to fit. Snow up to my knees in spots, on the driveway just higher than the blower opening. It seemed like the auger was not running as fast as it should, what size pulley should be on a 42" blower? The rig did well though, even by the street at the plow line. But next year I think I will mount the blower cab etc on the 716H, with a different weight system. The 917 is really long and tough to turn around. The wind is picking up now, looks like drifting into this evening. Pics later, If I can figure out how to get them from Daughters cell phone cam. The Big Ten and bucket below are keeping warm waiting for clean-up duty.

HubbardRA
Well we got quite a bit of snow. It was 16 inches deep along my front walk when I shoveled it out just before dark when it quit snowing. In some places it is up to my knees. I am not planning to clear any driveways till tomorrow. I plan to do the rough work with the FEL on the EF1D. The 716H with the blade will be used for the clean up work. The only thing I did today other than the walk was to clean the snow buildup off my carport a couple times to prevent a collapse. I made a tool for that yesterday. A 12 foot pole with a crossbar. Worked pretty well.

Sign in to follow this