Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Firestone Tires???

SethL007

Hey guys just called to get a set of the firestone field and road bar tire 23-8.50x12 for my b-210 and they told me they dont make it anymore. Does anybody know where somebody might have a new set in old inventory yet??? I just really like those tires but if i cant find any what is my next best option for a good bar tire you guys like?

Deestone makes a similar looking tire. Here's a listing number on Ebay so you can at least see what they look like. 330399479332 I don't much about them or how good they are.

I'm using Deestones on my Cub. Bought them this summer on Ebay. Seem to be holding up well so far. My neighbor has told me they tend to crack sooner than Carlisle's. I think it has a lot to do with where you store these machines.

Not sure about the 'field and road' you refer to but I have gotten firestone 23 degree lug tires at a little town in Nebr. Last set I got was 2 years ago.

LOve these tires

Seems like Firestone has stopped and started production of those a few times over the years. Back around 2000 a buddy of mine wanted a set for his Cub puller - took forever to track some down. A year or two later, you could buy them from any Firestone tire dealer again. Tim

Try MGRASSROOTS.COM for tires. I ordered 23x10.5x12 Carlisle in the Tru Power. Cost me $309 for 2 tires, 2 new rims, mounting and shipping.

well with the snow coming here in ohio i went to a local dealer and bought 2 carlisle tru power 23x8.50-12 tires and had them both loaded with washer fluid. so with the new tires with chains on them BRING ON THE SNOW! thanks for eveybodys advice and input on this subject.

quote:
Originally posted by SethL007
well with the snow coming here in ohio i went to a local dealer and bought 2 carlisle tru power 23x8.50-12 tires and had them both loaded with washer fluid. so with the new tires with chains on them BRING ON THE SNOW! thanks for eveybodys advice and input on this subject.
Seth, just curious. How did the price you paid compare to Brutt Speciality Tire? Thank's, Jim.........

well where i got them they were like $72.00 a piece but then i didnt have to pay for shipping and i kind of needed them quick! how much does it cost to ship tires like those?

quote:
Originally posted by SethL007
well where i got them they were like $72.00 a piece but then i didnt have to pay for shipping and i kind of needed them quick! how much does it cost to ship tires like those?
Seth, the shipping would of added $12.23 ea to my zip code. The total for 2 tires would be: $144.35 shipped to me. Then I would have to install them. I'd say you did good, even if you had to pay sales tax.

well i used the new tires yesterday, we got about 12 inches of snow and i must say i am really happy with the carlisle tru power tires and would reccomend them to anyone!!
[img]/club2/attach/SethL007/action5.jpg[/img]

You did good they are $71.12 shipped at this place and no tax. This is where I order my tires and shipping is free after you spend $69.00 http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Carlisle/Carlisle%20LG/carlisle_all_l_andg_util.htm