Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

Can I mount a plow? (pics added)

steve-wis
Been thinking it would be nice to have a brinly or comparable plow to play with. My Allis 810GT has no hitch except for the tiller mount that is bolted to the transaxle. Has anyone ever mounted a plow to this model tractor? It is the same as a 6000 series Simplicity. I could fabricate something to bolt to the frame on the back, and use the lift lever and rod from the tiller. Any suggestions? Thanks! Steve

Chris727
I think think the 810GT is like a 6010. The 6200s, etc had 12" 5 lug rims and did have a one-point hitch option, though they are hard to find. I'm sure the 6200 machines sat a bit higher, I don't know if that makes any difference.

HubbardRA
You can pull a plow with nearly any tractor. I once made a mount and plowed a couple gardens with a 10 Hp Dynamark. It was a 6 inch plow from a Simplicity walk behind.

midnightpumpkin
I can't wait to try this one out!
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4031/4272522200_b0ba1df20f_o.jpg[/img]
It's a 7" Brinly, probably off of a walk behind with an extension welded on to plug into the Simplicity rear lift. Who knows it may work like a champ. John U

steve-wis
Think I will start by finding a plow and then going from there. Any suggestions on make or type of hitch I should look for? I would want a 6 inch, I think, only being pulled by 11 h.p. I know there are a few different styles of hitch but not very familiar with them. Steve

sunrunner
Lets have a pic of what your tractors hitch looks like without the tiller...I'll find some pics of the set-up for the 6200 and can get some ideas( I have a few attachments that use the tiller hitch and lift rod,with a bracket).....Chris

sunrunner

This is what I use - Do you think something close to this will do - I am looking to see if anything was made for your tractor. - I know I will be looking at this:http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-1690389-One-Point-Hitch-6700-Series_W0QQitemZ170442305208QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27af272eb8 Chris

steve-wis
Chris, That is kind of what I had in mind. My lift rod is on the other side, but otherwise it should work. On my tractor tiller, there are two ears that slip over the pins that stick out of the sides, and then a long pin goes thru both hitches to hook them together. I would make a plate that would be like the tiller plate and have the lift arm and pivot built into it, which would then look like yours from the pivot back. I think that pulling from the right side when the mount is only solidly hooked to the left side might be a problem. If that is the case, I would build back from the sides of the frame like I think yours does. What do you think? I might need a couple of dimensions from yours if possible, like how far up from the floot when it is level, and because I don't have a plow yet, the dimensions to the mount hole. Does yours have more than one hole thru it so the plow can be mounted more to the left or right? Steve

sunrunner
I'm thinking something like this - ears on the back for the large tiller pin and swap the lift bracket to the other side(since your lift rods uses the opposite side) - Chris

steve-wis
That looks something like what I have in mind all right. Won't be starting it till the weather warms up so I have some time to plan it out. Would you think it would be better to hook to the tiller mount on mine even tho it is over to the left side? Or come back from the frame with a couple of arms and then the pivot point from there? Steve

sunrunner
If your tiller mount works well - I would build a hitch like in the last picture and add a lift bracket - If it can hold a working tiller it will hold anything (IMO) - Chris

sunrunner
if you look at my tractor pics - the plow or whatever one point attachment is used is held on by a big pin - the bolts tighten up to the attachment to keep it snug,more solid than just swinging a little with only the pin