Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Mower Decks

adamf203

This might be a very dumb question, but I will ask it any way... Are the majority of 60's and 70's mower decks interchangable?? I have a 212 an I don't have a deck for it. My uncle has a 3212 with a mower deck that is flat and then slopes off towards the back. There is a guy near me that has a deck pan (Only the pan) that he bought in the 60's and then never used - it is basically brand new in box. The top of it is completely flat though. Will this work on my 212? What would a new pan be worth?

The 60's decks for the B-212/210 and Simplicity 3212/3210 are all interchangable with one exception. The Decks for the B 200 series and 3200 series often will be found with a double belt and pulley for driving the deck. PTO will also have this double V pulley. Most people replaced these with single belts and single pulleys. If you have a double V belt setuo you would have to change the pulleys to use on an older tractor. The sixties decks will not fit on the newer (1971 and up) Running board equipped tractors, as the heighth adjusters will hit the bottoms of the running boards. These newer tractor decks had wider spacings on thei heoght adjusters to keep from hitting the running boards. You can use the newer decks on the older tractors if you have or can get a drive pulley small enough to match the size on the older decks.

quote:
Originally posted by adamf203
Any idea on what it would be worth?
Last time I checked a new deck shell for the late model Soveriegns was around $300 or so from a dealer.

Yes, thats right. The 36 inch decks are for the small frame Broadmoors. The 3200 seris use 42 and 48 inch decks. Also the 48 inch decks will not fit under the shorter frame tractors like the AC B-10, B-12, B-110 and Simplicity 101,2010, 2110, 2210 and so on. The only smaller deck that would fit would be a 32" deck from a B-1 or Simplicity 700 or 725 1959-1963. Theres not alot of those around.