Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
henroan

my new addiction

henroan
Well here she is! Hello everyone.
[img]/club2/attach/RayS/11.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/22.jpg[/img]
Should have fun fixing her up. I have another also.
[img]/club2/attach/RayS/33.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/44.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/55.jpg[/img]
This one not running,:( but soon will.:D Please hep me! patrick.

Storm7012
We'll get you going. I started 09' with one running and one that didn't. Started 10' with eight and six of them run, well, seven if the one on the stand that goes on a big ten I'll restore soon counts.

ZippoVarga
Welcome aboard Patrick! I noticed your 725 has a hole in the hood to add gas with out having to raise the hood. I have a Garden Mark Squire with the same hole. I'm wondering if Simplicity didn't put holes in them at one point. Although.....my Squire is a short steering column, which suggests that it's a 1959-1961 and your 725 hood is a 62 or 63 but your tractor is between a 1959 and 1961 with the short steering column like my Squire. Hmmm.....inquiring minds want to know!! Nice start to a full on addiction!!!

henroan
Hi Zippo, Now you got me curious about hood. I'm thinking that it must be original since the simp logo is made of metal. Not a decal. Anyway way we could find out? Patrick ? Simplicity85, The 2012 is coming along well. Originally I thought that I would part out the tractor to regain some money. Of course, however, I've thought that it would be better to refurb. I have everything to refurb to original so why not. I have fallen in love with these machines. The tractors in pieces now. Doing paint removal. Have the motor in pieces also. Refurbing now waiting for carb. Hopefully will be able to start this weekend. I'll put on utube and then post link. Took off oil pan and the interior of motor looked to be brand new. Everything that we have done indicates that it should start right away. Finally got a spark after cleaning coil and adjusting points. I'll keep everyone updated on progress. sm01 Patrick;) :DThe remarkable thing of all of this is that getting the 725 was purely luck, and now I'm hooked. Line and sinker.:D

MPH
-------now I'm hooked. Line and sinker.------ Think maybe it's the simple, FIXABLE quaility of these machines in this throw away world we live in that make them so special. Welcome to the club

Sign in to follow this