Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

M.E. Miller

adamf203
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Garden-Tractor-Front-Wheels-Rims-Fit-16x6-50-8-Tires_W0QQitemZ350285104713QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518e9e8649 Would these work on a B212? I know from looking at the manual that the front bearings on the tractor are 3/4" inner diameter, and the rims from M.E. Miller have "3/4" Prescision Ball Bearings." Is this equivilient? It looks like the rims have the bearings already in the assembly, so I would not need to purchase new bearing. I am just not sure if the 3" offset is correct and if these are compatable with the machine. Any help would be appreciated before I spend the money...

adamf203
One of the wheels on the tractor is bent now (my uncle backed into her with the skid steer in the garage), and if I am going to replace them, I might as well replace both. And I've spent enough money on her that I might as well keep going... I want to put Lugs on the front to match the Lugs on the back. Will these work?

ac.d17iv
Not sure if these will work or not, but used rims are available regularly on ebay and this site for much less. If you are OK with painting them yourself, it is a better deal.

adamf203
I know that the original bearings are tapered coned, but if I were to buy these, the bearings are within the hub assembly. As such, there would be no need for the tapered cone - correct? The rim, with the 3/4" Prescision Ball Bearings, would hit directly onto the spindle arm. It this assumption correct?

Storm7012
You can clean them up pretty easy with a die grinder and a wire brush in it. Find someone to blast and you paint them. $80 is just to much to spend on just front wheels.

Chris727
Have you tried new ones from Simplicity. Late model Sovereign wheels might work and are still available last time I checked. The miller wheels might work. The description is pretty vague. They are different in that you likely can't put the cone type bearings in them like from factory. To me the ball bearings are easier to deal with on maintenance. What you need is to have them measure the distance from the outide of the outer bearing, to the outide of the inner bearing, so that you can be sure your spindle length will be long enough. Update: Late model wheels for late '90s sovereigns are still available at Jacks. Part # 1713177SM I don't know what is different between the late model sovereign wheels versus the earlier ones, maybe a late model owner like Roy will know?

RayS
I have a tractor that has the 3/4" prescision ball bearings and I never have had a problem with that type of bearing. Mine are sealed and there is no grease mess. I believe that I used the same bearing that is in the arborshaft for the deck. I believe my Prestige is the same way. I checked the offset on a pair that I have here and the inner offset is 3/8" and the outer offset is 2-3/8".

adamf203
Ray, How would I measure the offset? They only specify a 3" offset, and it seems from what your post that there is a inner and outer offset. I'm a novice at this, and I dont want to buy something without understanding if these will be okay. It seems easier with the bearing built in, instead of using the taper bearings and having to pack them with grease.