Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow

Ronald Hribar

Predictions are for quite a bit of snow. I've heard anything between 3 and 13 inches. I have my soft sided cab on. eager to try it out in windy conditions Have my loader to fall back on also. New Battery did wonders Lets Play during the week so we can relax on Sat.at the Mineshaft !!!

I adjusted the blower's drive belt and after dinner, I'm going out to wax the impeller and chute. BRING IT!!!! I'll be ready!

Just checked the gas, fired it up, and resprayed the blower to help throw it far. Looking at about 10+ around here, but sounded like over about 15 hours, so not too bad. But could be windy. Boots and jacket all set for early morning fun. Wife asked, does anyone use a heated seat? Interesting thought for a bun warmer....:O Coach John

Me thinks a heated seat would put too much stress on your charging system. Not a bad concept. I guess it would be more pratical to look into if you were spending a long time out on the tractor. I can clear my driveway in all of about twenty minutes. And that includes clearing away space for the mailbox.

20 Minutes? I can only wish...lol. With two 100+ foot driveways, it's a full afternoons work to clear everything. Then there's the elder neighbors who rely on me to keep their driveways cleared. It's always a sun up to sun down job here. With plenty of breaks of course. We got about 8 inches Friday through Saturday and they're predicting another 4-6 inches tonight through all of Tuesday. With the wind and drifting, I had 20+ inch drifts to nibble through with the blower. I love my old three belt blower, but you have to be patient with it. Ugly Alice does most of the clearing with the trip blade and 300+ added lbs for traction. Then there's my portable snow cab, aka Carharts...lol. Cabs are over rated! Only because I don't have one yet....lol. One day maybe.

All set here. You'll notice open air design, quick turn features. Takes about ten minutes or less and runs on a quart of fuel just under an hour. For a dry snow which is being forecasted, this 3 HP dude fits the ticket. You'll notice, that it is about a 10" cut it is going thru. Oh ya, it is Tecumseh powered, something Kohler or Onan never ventured to try.:D:D:D
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/BLT/SnoBloa.jpg[/img]

man the people who run the school district must be scared of snow!! woke up at 5:15, hoping to go plow, only 1.5 inches, darn.:(! turn on the TV, NO SCHOOL

I think we got 3 or 4 inches here. Light and fluffy. First I got out the Toro power shovel. Electric powered. Did nice job on patio and front steps. Then on to Prestige and cab. Did my driveway, and in front of 3 mailboxes either direction from me And back down the sidewalk. It was a complete whiteout at times really needed the hand powered wipe Liked the cab

yeah you were nice and cozy in that cab i bet!^ i guess i was wrong about the amount of snow we got, probably around 3-4 inches like you. i went outside and it shocked me a little to see how much was actually there. So... i played a little with the cub cadet and now its coming down hard. im gonna need to break out the economy later:D

Predictions are 10"-18" starting late today into late tomorrow. I'm going to have some huge banks as I've been plowing. Luckily I planned ahead in case we got a second storm after Saturday's 10".

i expect ill use most of my 5 gallons of gas i have. a big snow like this can take me 2 days to finish. this will be my first year with the snowblower on the 3012 so it should help make the snow disappear. i remember my dad had a red cushion he used for hunting. i believe it said "the original hot seat" on it and prombaly from the 1960's. he allways claimed it worked good. wonder if they still make them.

Well, I mounted the cab, put the windshield on it (not perfect but on) and mounted the other snowthrower with the electric spout rotator. It lives! This morning the wiper handle fell offsm00 Nothing major, just tighten the screw!

quote:
Originally posted by JohnMBerst
...Wife asked, does anyone use a heated seat? Interesting thought for a bun warmer....:O
Just Chili, lots and lots of Chili! :D:D Actually, I'll only pull the 101 out for fun now since it only takes a few minutes with the truck... saved enough time to now be nice and do the neighbors yard too. 0:)

Went out again this morning drifted in pretty good around house sidewalks were drifted also cleaned it all up loved the cab !! total white out many times then cleaning up around shop ran into roof over haqng with new cab luckly I was going very slow and did not hurt anything except my feelings

I finally got the cab mounted on the 917H with my 42" blower. Its not perfect, it came off a Craftsman, a little fabrication, and some new spare parts from Original Cab Co did the trick. Had the wife snap a few action shots. Getting ready to blow up the driveway, it really grunts on the first full pass up the hill.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/917cab1.jpg[/img]
Rear work light mounted on the counterweights, should help after dark when this finally quits.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/917cab2.jpg[/img]
Above action shot from kitchen window above driveway
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/917cab3.jpg[/img]
they are calling for it to snow and blow till 7:00-8:00 tonight total amount 18"+

Very nice Greg. You will soon forget how much of a face wash you got without the cab. It will only take one lazy early snowfall to snowthrow without it to remember:D

hey can you guys try and blow that storm up to new hampshire, i havent had any seat time for a long time and cant wait to do more thanks for the help if you can :D8D?

All we are getting in NC is brutal wind,started whistling a 3 this morning and never stopped.Blew my boat shed sideways,lid off the basement and everything not nailed down out of the yard. I had 2 sheets of insulation board,nowhere in sight. I work outside and my new insulated coverall set paid for itself today,we call it snotslingin wind down here.

This AM's cleaning around 7:30 after 12-14" depending which TV station had the best "breaking news". We were blessed with some sun for a few hours and stuff that frozen on cars disappeared pretty quick. Today I needed the larger two wheel economy model, Simplicity of course. The blaze orange vest is for the the operator to be noticed when he cleans down to the curb on the street.
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/10FEB10Cleanup.jpg[/img]