Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

The big three

grnlark
quote:
Originally posted by Burntime
I really like those front ribbed tires!
Mine are not as big as Zippo's. I'll check the tire size tonight. I stayed with the stock size because I like the skinny look. I bought them on eBay with tubes, delivered for $78. I'd have to check the seller ID when I get home, but he was the only one on there with this package deal. He always has them listed. They're china tires, but I could care less. The quality is great. At half the price and the same look with tubes included, it was a no-brainer for me.

captainweezy
I just hit the buy it now button on Sunday for the 16x650x8's! Sure wish they were here today. I didn't go to work and I'm headed out to plow. We got around 5 inches here in central illinois:)

grnlark
quote:
Originally posted by blind_eagle
Hey Matt, where's your blade/blower? I hope you put one on today... we'll have plenty of fun tomorrow.
The funny thing is, I have 2 walk behind snowblowers I use for snow, and a newer Crapsman tractor to mow the lawn. The rest of my tractors are wash and wax queens. I know...here it comes...lemme have it! :D

TomSchmit
Gentlemen (and ladies?)- I also like the way the tires look, because they mimic the farm tractor tires ... which are meant to float yet steer in loose, tilled soil! Thus, my question is: How do they work on turfgrass? Do they want to make ruts when the soil is a little wet and soft? I suspect they steer pretty well in snow? Thanks for your comments! Tom

Sign in to follow this