Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Onan starter solenoid supplier?

JMAC

Have been looking for hours on the internet, ebay and wherever for a new solenoid. Came across this place on the net and called them after looking at their site. As i stated in a previous post i have no numbers on the starter i bought on ebay. Anyway,talked to the parts guy, of course he asked about numbers,he then asked about starter, three holes on one side and directed me to a solenoid he said should fit my starter. It is made overseas(like everthing else):( but it is made by a more reputable supplier. If it works out i will let everyone here know. Here's the link. [url]http://www.iowamotorparts.com/onan_starters.htm[/url]

Jerry, Thanks for the link. These old tractors are work horses and a lot of fun, but tracking down parts can be difficult. Out of curiosity, did you try a Cummins dealer? Later, Steve.

Steve, No i didn't try Cummins,but from what i have gathered here and there,they are very proud of their stuff,because it is Onan.I checked with them once about of set of spark plugs wires(2) and they were over $50!Bought a couple at Advance and trimmed them to fit,they worked fine even tho' they didn't say Onan.Jerry

• 2 weeks later...
Most of you veteran Powermax owners probably know about this place,but just in case some don't i will post it here.They have a lot of parts but are quite proud of them.$400+ for a starter,$169 for a solenoid.Other items didn't seem to bad.They also don't seem to have pictures of anything. [url]http://www.m-and-d.com/Onan_parts.html[/url]