Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis 410

DonMc

Hi again all. A local simplicity dealer just took in an Allis 410 tractor on trade yesterday. Since he knows I have alot of A-C's, he called me to see if I was interested in it. It has been repainted and looks real nice. It comes with a 42" mower deck, a 36" snowblower, and a set of chains. I think it has a three speed tranny with some type of variable speed also. The only thing he says is wrong is the steering is sloppy on it. I turned the wheel and you literally turn it half way around before the wheels move. Other than that he says it is fine. I own all B series tractors so I don't know much about this model. I was told they were a model all their own and different from the others. Are there any problems I should look for or any weak spots in these tractors? He is asking $500.00 the way it is. Is that a fair price? Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Don Jr.

The 410s has a 10 horse Kohler motor and 4 spd. Shuttle trans.Steering gear box is easily removed and repairable.If your Simplicity dealer has trouble finding the bearings Cub Cadets use same gear boxes.I have two of these tractors and they have held up well with out to much trouble.$250-$350 for tractor,$100-$200 snow thrower.