Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is this considered a large-frame?

OrangeMetalGuy

This is NOT an ad or a plug. I am just wondering if this model is a newer version of a large-frame: [url]http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/grd/1579057437.html[/url]

According to Simplity's own information, this is considered a small frame garden tractor. I had one of these (6212.5) and found it to be a very nice tractor, The 6200 series was the only one listed as such. Again this information is from simplicity and is posted on this site someplace. I would not hesitate to own another one.dOd Chris

That frame size had both 16 and 18 HP OP twin engines. Three year ago I had a DA 613S, 16HP twin, 5 spd and 36" mower freebe so to speak. Cleaned up carb and installed new mower belt and turned it loose to another happy camper.

The 5000 and 6000 series are great for just mowing and yard work. My neighbor had one that he bought new, until he passed away a couple years ago.

It's a 6518, and no it's not considered a large frame Basically you could consider it a newer version of the old Broadmoores (just a little bigger). It's considered a small frame garden tractor, but not capable of running ALL the attachments. You can run a rear mounted tiller, dozer, plow, etc. Some of the more specialized attachments you can't use, sickle bar, loader, etc. They're good machines, but I wouldn't do farm work with them.