Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Remember this guy?

Burntime

His value just went up 300 bucks! http://cgi.ebay.com/simplicity-lawn-mowers_W0QQitemZ250577500434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a57953912

I would expect a few more photos for that price and maybe a run down of models. I am curious about the grey one, what Simplicity is that

xenon172 my guess would be that the grey one is not a simplicity but a craftsman tractor had one at one time that looked like that one.

I sent this message to the person listing the items. We'll see if he gives a good response. The least he could do for his opening bid is do a little leg work and take more pictures and make a list of the included machines and their conditions and implements. "It's very difficult to determine exactly what we would be bidding on with out at least a list of the included tractors and more pictures. Could you put in a little more time and effort for your money please? I was directed to your auction through a web ring where every one is saying the same thing.....What are we spending our hard earned cash on? As best we can tell from the picture, we are buying one mans junk. We need a list of the included tractors, their conditions and level of completeness as well as pictures to support the descriptions. I don't think this is asking too much for an opening bid of 800 bucks. Show us 800 bucks worth of goods. Thanks in advance."

I've been an ebay seller for over a decade and if there's one thing I don't do when selling, it is to underplay anything of value. All I see in his picture is a trip to the scrap yard and 2 bucks per tire that I would have to PAY to dispose of the tires that are most assuredly in no condition to put back into service. I can't see the first complete engine or tranny type and I sure don't see any one item or combination of items that would prompt me to click the "confirm bid" button with 800 bucks of my money. Hopefully he will now put some effort in his listing. If not...he will be eating the listing fees, because only an idiot would place an 800 dollar bid based on a photo that only shows junk. Ok.....I'm off my soap box now...lol. We'll wait and see if the seller gets off his lazy rear end and earns some of his opening bid demands.

Last time he had this lot listed, I emailed him and he was real short and seemed like he didn't want to give any information at all. I was polite but it didn't get me anywhere. Good Luck to you ZippodOd

I see parts I can use for my rebadgeing project. Eric I think you should buy this trailer load . I know it will not all fit in your van.

I knew the grey one is a craftsman, was being sarcastic. Looks like he revised the listing but still doesn't mention the craftsman. What I can't tell in the photo is what's the green one, a Deutz or a Deere?

quote:
Eric I think you should buy this trailer load
The divorce will cost a lot more than $800. I'll pass.

quote:
Originally posted by Ronald Hribar
I see parts I can use for my rebadgeing project. Eric I think you should buy this trailer load . I know it will not all fit in your van.
I have a trailer, would that help?:D
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/JDTrctrTrlr.jpg[/img]

Well....I heard back from him this morning and this is what he has to say. Which wasn't much really.... "There is abut six inches of snow on the tractors now so bid with confidence no more pictures sorry bout that selling as parts anyways .o by the way there r 5116 6116 40 series and so on there r a couple allis 916 or917 818 816 always rember one mans junk is a nother man treasure...." So there you have it.....a lazy man wanting gold prices for his pile of tin.

Everybody watch the item, he will be in tahiti spending his new found wealth before the auction ends...all the while thinking he struck gold!:D

It didn't sell last time for less. You have to wonder what people are thinking when they do stuff like this? Anybody thinks this maybe a good deal, get in touch with me....I'll sell you all my stuff for just 5X what he's asking.:D

I think he is listing it to get attention and that he is. He could list it till dooms day with no sell, unless a sucker comes along.

I asked him a question in detail what tractors, parts or attachments I would be bidding on and he had an answer that someone would have had seemingly not wanting to part with his treasures. He can and probably most certainly will have this stuff forever!

Well, maybe the guy doesnt want to sell the stuff. Maybe its his wife that is pushing him to get rid of it all. I think a few of us around here know that feeling....right Erik:D If thats the case, well then who among us would do any different to sabatoge actually getting the treasures sold?;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• A-C_220
    • PhanDad
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts