Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SethL007

JCPenny Tracor Value?

SethL007
ok its my turn, whats it worth? it is not currently running and comes with the plow, chains, and wheel weights.
[img]/club2/attach/SethL007/3nf3pd3o15T95P85Rba1jee72cc9495311802.jpg[/img]

sammiefish
200 The only "for sure" is the plow, chains, weights... the non-running issue leaves you to guess as to the conditon of everything mechanical. If its such an easy fix they'd fix it and get more OR they should be prepared to give it away.... I dont like to pay to haul peoples junk away.:D keep us posted

Chris727
Do they have the deck for it? You can price it a couple of ways. I've never seen one sell on eBay in the 9 years I've been watching. The plow is worth $100 but do you really want to pay what its worth, or do you want a deal? Penny's tractors are rare, in decent running shape I'd expect the Simplicity equivalent (7013S) to go for $300-$800 depending on location and time of year. This tractor is much rarer, but condition of BGB, engine, electrical system, axle tube, shuttle, etc are unknown. Looks pretty good in pics but that can be deceiving. I'd offer no more than $350 for it, and thats if I inspected the above items and most checked out OK. If I was selling I'd shoot for $700 (but I might be crazy,) I just know these are unusual. I try to let the seller set the price when possible. Often its less than its worth to me.

MPH
I'd say the value of it is more how badly you want a yellow Simplicity as there hasn't been many of them show up around this site. If it were me, I'd be buying it for the body as the running end is all rebuildable. Thus I would likely pay more then it's worth to anyone wantting a running working tractor.

Chris727
I agree with Marty, the body is probably the most valauble part to a collector. Those wheel weights are platic ones, likely filled with cement, I'd value them at zero because they tend to crack and fall apart, that happened on my 7010. Seen it many times.

jfrank1962
I think I paid $250 for this one. It came with a mower deck and spring trip plow.

By the way, where might this one be located? }:);)

midnightpumpkin
I don't see the value in the yellow body parts. Paint a 7013S yellow and have a decal shop make up a set of decals, they look to be easy to reproduce, just block letters. With the plow I wouldn't give over $150 for it. $75 for the plow setup and $75 for the tractor. Just my 2 cents.

SmilinSam
To me its worth the $300 the owner is asking for it, if the engine is free and has compression. Its too far east from me though...

wilm169
Decals are already made for it; http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-JC-Penney-Lawn-Tractor-Set-Decals_W0QQitemZ370260703732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item563541f9f4