Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower belt length

DaveM

I broke the belt to my snowblower tonight. Since my Simplicity dealer didn't have one and can't get one until late this week (at the earliest), I need to get an off brand for the time being. Can anyone tell me the length of belt that I need? It's a 36" blower (1690033) mounted on a 7018 off the front PTO.

i bought a TSC huskeee kevlar blue belt for mine last year in an emergency...(90 degree turn pto) its mowed 4 acres all last season and blown snow all this season... (same belt mower deck and blower) no problems yet... $12... your mileage may vary

I went to NAPA. While they don't have the belt I need in stock, they will have 2 of them to me by noon. Guess that's OK. I don't have to go anywhere today and I was able to get out of my drive. Hopefully I'll be clearing snow out by 1:00. We've already gotten anywhere between 15 and 20 inches (depending on who you listen to) over the past 5+ days with more falling, and the wind is really blowing it around. Just a matter of time before the neighbors and I are burried if I can't get up and running.

sounds like its a good idea to have 2 on hand... hmmm... I ought to stock up myself... hope all works out for you... enjoy your snow... I am jealous

We'll see how they hold up. In my prior experiences, the Simplicity belts are far superior to the other brands and last MANY times longer. The offset price is more than worth it when you consider the troubles you face when having to replace the belts, especially on the snow blower. A real pain. Unfortunately, I didn't have much choice this time. Maybe I'll luck out and these will last. They only cost $8 and some change each....

NAPA belt worked fine. A bit tough to get on--very tight. Blew snow for 2+ hours with no issues until left chain slipped off. Got my drive and alley cleared, plus the parking area for the flower shop next door (earned a Valentine's bouquet for my wife) and all of my neighbor's drives that needed it. Is it weird that I REALLY enjoy doing that???