Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another "What's it worth?"

[url]http://rmn.craigslist.org/grd/1588488879.html[/url] I'm really only interested in the tiller (it's a standard 36" tiller, not the HD 38" tiller). I'm thinking of buying it and reselling it without the tiller (the seller won't split it). Also, what's it worth w/o the tiller but with a 48" mower deck added to it? I've got a couple of extra ones.

quote:
The tillers bring 350-450 in WI in good condition with the pulley
Man did I goof up then....I sold 6 of them from that "Florida Haul" and sold all of them in the $150 to $225 range. Dang. And now, my own personal one is on the blink! Nice timing!

Funny story. I bought that Florida load first because I wanted the JC Penney and lots of spare parts for myself, and second to profiteer by selling off the stuff I didn't need. More than anything else, I needed to move that crap off my property fast (to keep the wife's fury at bay), so everything was priced to move. Some guy came over to look at one of the first tillers I had put on craigslist. It was solid and fully operational, but lots of surface rust. I think I listed it at $175 and I could tell immediately that this was one of those guys that was going to first be friendly with a bunch of small talk, then point out every single flaw and then low-ball me (thereby wasting my time). Sure enough, after almost 45 minutes (in the cold) he offered $100 and was in the middle of defending his offer (by pointing out flaws) when another guy pulled into my driveway. The second guy said, "I'm here to look at a tiller". Without hesitation, the first guy who was trying to chew me down said "I'll take it". He paid me $175 in 'pre-counted' cash and he loaded it up as fast as he could! I told the second guy, "don't worry, there are more". :D