Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B12 Project Pause to Remove Snow

mjenk55

Here is one picture of a break in the action on Thursday pushing snow after the Blizzard of 2010 in Maryland. This is my B12, with front and rear blades, which I am currently restoring, but had to call to action after this historic snow in MD. I had not planned on using this rig until the Spring and am in the midst of rebuilding the carb and repainting the hood...but duty called and after a quick carb cleaning, new spark plug...still minus the hood....she got the job done! Awesome for a 43 year old tractor. I have a 5 year old John Deere L120 with a snow blade, chains and suitcase weights which could not make it more than 8 feet out of the garage without the trans whining and the wheels spinning. Allis Chalmers B-Series forever!!!

[img]http://whtractor.15.forumer.com/html/emoticons/hilarious[/img]
quote:
I have a 5 year old John Deere L120 with a snow blade, chains and suitcase weights which could not make it more than 8 feet out of the garage without the trans whining and the wheels spinning. Allis Chalmers B-Series forever!!!
welcome to the club. lets see some more pics of that B-12 & the back blade setup ;).

Yes this snow was very heavy and wet plus I need new front tires with some real tread...waiting for the Spring. I live on the Eastern Shore of MD, east of the Chesapeake Bay...Perdue chicken country and several flat roof chicken houses experienced roof collaspes. Also a fellow Pastor and friend had his 2 year old church building roof partially collaspe as a result of the first storm over the weekend. I will get some more pics up soon. Thanks for the welcome!

You know what they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing runs like a deere,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, & nothing smells like a john.

Thank you all for the welcome and I hope to get this tractor fully restored this spring. Another pic pushing some serious wet heavy snow!

Looks like a good mid-restore test run/workout. As to posting pics, if you do a double hit on the return then you get a nice double space between pictures or talk of what the next one is. Then just hit the picture icon again and choose another pic.