Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JMAC

Throttle cable,Powermax

JMAC
Is item no.8 throttle control,just the control lever or does it include the cable?My cable end broke awhile back,i put a new 90° bend in it but i comes out once in a while.It looks like the cable itself is replace able,am i correct?If it is replaceable what is the correct length,i estimate 36".Would appreciate someone's input so i can correct this problem.Thanks,Jerry

JMAC
UCD,that's what it looks like to me,but i still question being able to replace the cable it's self,since i was able to remove it by opening the pinch clamp that holds it to the throttle lever when i repaired it the first time.

daveb
I have gone to tractor supply and bought a cable for a lawn mower and took the cable from it and put on my 720. takes a little messing but i have done it.

D-17_Dave
It can be replaced seperately if you like. It just takes a little finess to lock the tabs in place so it's properly secure. But, I have found the whole assembly non-OEM. The mounting holes are standard. I think if you look in a few of the aftermarket supplyers you should find something.