Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7018 Now 7016 Works 8o)

Roy

My 1018, now a 7016, became operational today. :) 16 hp Briggs runs fine and the Sundstand hydro is tight and works beautifully. Tractor was an engineless junker I bought for the hydro transmission. Looked it over and except for no engine and no rear lift it was complete so decided to resurrect it with a 16 hp Briggs. Is still a work in progress but the pictures show the present status.

This is almost a club tractor. It was built from parts sourced by several club members and friends. D-17_Dave bought the tractor for me and stored it until I could pick it up. He also provided a Briggs ignition switch. Ambler found the engine and delivered it to me in MD. Phandad provided the dash tower and choke cable. The throttle cable is from Wilm69. The wiring harness came from Simpleton7016. The muffler and starter solenoid came with the free 3212V I got in Fredericksburg, VA. The carburetor float is from a friend in Morristown, TN. The square head engine mounting bolts came from Biggie-Rat. The hour meter was an E-bay buy sometime ago. Brenda at SLI provided the gas cap/gauge and some other parts I haven't installed yet. Friend in town who runs a S/G shop provided the bearings and brushes for the S/G. MPH shamed me into painting the generator. May have forgotten someone but can only apologize and blame it of CRS if I did. Thanks to all the above.

Dang it Roy, it just doesn't do a 16hp Briggs any harm to paint the WHOLE engine, esp with BBQ flat black.:) Is this the tractor you were working on the hood de-hack job a while back? Good to see it running with the best engine to be had.

Marty, You shamed me into painting the S/G. Aren't you ever satisfied??? :(! Hacked hood I'm working on is from my 7013S but may go on this tractor. I like the looks of the pod headlights better than those with the lights in the top of the grill. Sam, Yup, I working on a "tractor for ever implement". :) John, Will probably do the hood and seat pan. No plans for more paint. But, OWHN is after me to paint the frame. :( Thanks to all.

quote:
Originally posted by Roy John, Will probably do the hood and seat pan. No plans for more paint. But, OWHN is after me to paint the frame. :( Thanks to all.
Roy, clear coat it. You get the best of two worlds, the look of a good used tractor and a fresh top coat.:D

quote:
Roy, clear coat it. You get the best of two worlds, the look of a good used tractor and a fresh top coat.
Hey Bob, what product name do you use for clear coat? thanks, jh

-----Aren't you ever satisfied?-------- NO -----But, OWHN is after me to paint the frame. ---- Well Roy, that is better then having her after you for working on your tractors.;)

Roy, Why didn't you paint the rest of the engine? They do make a thing called a "paintbrush" and some small cans of paint designed to be used with it. :O:D You can usually find them at hardware stores, and boreing old black is usually fairly easy to match.}:)

Didn't want to remove the intake manifold, head bolts, and governor linkage, etc. so I didn't paint the block and head. This will be a working tractor, not a showpiece. I prefer to get everything working properly as the primary goal. Looking good is secondary. Besides, I hate painting!!!!! :(! You guys are welcome to come to Tennessee and paint anytime you want. I have lots of tractors that need paint. :) :D

I think the paint scheme is very appropriate for the 'Clubber'. It seems to represent the mix of machines seen here on the forum - some are shiny, some are slimy, but it's all good!! FYI - When I'm in my usual paint-by-feel mode, I opt for the small disposable foam brushes to paint around all those pesky accessoriesdOd