Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

simplicity 7116

a_sannine

simplicity 7116 the gas tank rubber fitting in the bottom bad and leaking gas , any one knows where i can get one or any part number for it thanks

Most small engine shops will have them, those fittings were also sold under lawn-boy and tecumseh part numbers and should be widely available through aftermarket suppliers.

Ok, here are part#s. Simplicity 1654930SM Stens 125-336 List price $2.34 Replaces: CUB CADET 735-0149 CUB CADET 935-0149 EXMARK 1-513645 MTD 735-0149 MTD 935-0149 NOMA 42690 SCAG 482571 SCAG 48309 SIMPLICITY 1654930 SNAPPER 1-2337 SNAPPER 7012337 TECUMSEH 33679 TORO 104047 TORO 46-6560 TROY BILT 1738433 TROY BILT 935-0149

quote:
Originally posted by Storm7012
Is there any that's molded in the tank? When I had my 7016 apart I thought it was all one piece.
The early system 7000 series, 1690006 16hp hydro, 1690086 16hp gear, 1690016 10hp gear. The late model 7000 series was like the above diagram.

This is a spare tank I have that's just like my 7016 mfg 1690086. Not saying it's the original one, but both are like this.

If it's not the original can someone tell me what is to?

Molded tanks are older, the 3300 and 3400 had them in addition to the early 7000's as per Maynard's post. I've had 4 of the "late" 7000 tractors and all of them had the rubber bushing.

I'm not tring to be hard to get along with, just miss read the post, sorry Maynard. I do have to wonder why they changed it. Seems like the old one would be better.

My 3314 has the old style tank and has never cracked or leaked. Replaced the gas line recently and checked the tank while I had it out . It is in excellent shape after all these years!!

quote:
Originally posted by Brettw
Storm, you're not trying to be hard to get along with, Maynard is just being Maynard.
Brett Now what is that supposed to mean? I posted the infomation and the question was asked again. Why? because they did not READ.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
quote:
Storm, you're not trying to be hard to get along with, Maynard is just being Maynard.
Brett Now what is that supposed to mean? I posted the infomation and the question was asked again. Why? because they did not READ.
Not tring to split hairs, but it was MISS read, and I said sorry.

Storm I am not saying anything about your post. I understood what you said about miss reading. My comment was in responce to Brett"s remark.
quote:
It is obvious that Brett did not READ before making his misinformed remark.

quote:
Totally and completely uncalled for.....and unjustifiedB)B)B)XX(

My 7117 also had a tank with the nipple molded as part of the tank. Someone had damaged the nipple and I replaced the tank with one with the inserted nipple. Tom

quote:
Originaly posted by SmilinSam -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by Brettw Storm, you're not trying to be hard to get along with, Maynard is just being Maynard. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Totally and completely uncalled for.....and unjustified
I dont normally get into this kind of stuff but I agree with Sam. Bretts comment was just plain mean spirited. Greg

Well, apparently I have ruffled some feathers, so I guess I should respond and then I will speak no more of it. If my statement is read properly, all it states is Maynard is being Maynard. It is, in my relatively meaningless opinion, a very accurate statement. I think we can all agree that Maynard is very well informed in many areas, appears to have years of experience in mechanics, and certainly has a plethora of knowledge in regard to these tractors, and is often times great help. Maynard is also the site administrator. That being said, Maynard has a strong tendency to be condescending, and many times abrasive, or impatient in some of his writing. This is evidenced by the bold, enlarged font of the word “Read”. It comes across as if he were admonishing or chastising a child. And it elicited a response that made someone feel that they had to apologize. So his statement accomplished the task of making an individual uncomfortable. And this is not the first time, and I doubt it will be the last. I have seen it many, many times in his writing or in the wielding of his administrative authority. He has done it with me. Personally, I think a point can be made without having to dress someone down, point out how foolish someone thinks they are, berate a fellow member, or play the imperious all knowing authoritative figure. In the past, I have bitten my tongue and watched the negative conversations between members that are generated by some of Maynard's comments, so this is the first time I put in my 2 cents (which admittedly is all it is worth). Some of you must also feel that Maynard's comment was a bit aggravating, otherwise, how would “Maynard being Maynard” be construed as "mean spirited"? It is simply and factually how Maynard comes across at times, and as such it was Maynard being Maynard. If some of Maynard's comments were more often presented pleasantly or politely, "Maynard being Maynard" wouldn't have had the perception of being negative at all. In fact it could have been a compliment. Then perhaps Maynard could even have been proud of the statement. Again please accept my apologies for hijacking the thread, and creating a negative environment. I do not, however, apologize for stating fact. But then again, that’s just me being me.