Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FLASHBACK 2/17/2010 - - Snow or Stripes?

Vassal

I'll take stripes anytime,Cold weather make my nose run) :D The problem with snow is it has a habit of melting and we still haven't recovered from the flood of 2008.The river was 6 ft. above the previous record. Yup I'll take stripes.

I'll take stripes any day. I don't like cold weather and I don't like snow. I do have a cab and blower but everytime I try to use this stuff something breaks, or the shed door is frozen shut and I can't get the tractors out. It will usually melt within a week anyway.

Willy is right about the flooding, here are some pics of "Lake Mississippi" from the 2008 flood. We had to use a gravel road to get into town, MO Hwy 79 was flooded, as was the rail line.

The water is approximately 9 foot deep at this home.

• 1 month later...
quote:
Originally posted by jfrank1962
I can't say that I like one better than the other. I am always just looking for the next time to play. :D:D

[img]/club2/attach/jfrank1962/stripes02.JPG[/img]
I agree with JFrank1962, but do favor the warmer weather and laying stripes! BTW, JFrank1962, this is one of my favorite pictures of Simplicity laid stripes! Great work on lawn, tractor, & photography! dOd

This was the first year I pushed snow w/ a tractor. I enjoyed it, but only after the snow was finished. During the biggest snow storm I experienced problems, so it was no fun after that. Summer time is very busy for me so I don't get to enjoy the stripe pasting part too often. By the time cutting season is done, I'm happy.

quote:
Originally posted by 78kitty BTW, JFrank1962, this is one of my favorite pictures of Simplicity laid stripes! Great work on lawn, tractor, & photography! dOd
Thank You, hopefully in a couple more weeks I will get to "work" at putting down some more stripes:D

Just pulled the blower off last night, and when / if / should the grass grow here, hope to add stripes. Snow on the ground yesterday, and 2" of rain the day before. Grass can't figure out which way to go.