Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

SIMPLICITY 3415H

a_sannine
THIS BEAST IS MY FAVORITE, BUT THE VICKERS HYDRO IS LEAKING NOW:(. PARTS STILL AVAILABLE TO REBUILT IT ? IS IT EASY TO REBUILT , ANY MORE INFO WILL BE APPRECIATIVE. ANY ONE GOT A PART LIST THANKS GUYS

SmilinSam
As far as I'm concerned its more cost effective to change out the vicker with a Sundstrand from a donor tractor with a blown motor or bevel gear box. Such a transplant into a 3300 or 3400 series requires the frame to be drilled out on the side and the sleeve from the donor frame removed and re-welded into the 3300/3400 series recipient in exactly the same place it was in the sundstrand donor. This sleeve holds the sundstrand control lever. I have done this a number of times and its not hard if you can weld and grind. A torch makes it even quicker. I have a project forthcoming to install a Sundstrand into a 3310H to replace the leaky vickers. I am going to see what it takes to make modifacations to utilize the existing vickers control lever. Have to see what materializes once it gets warm enough to work out in the shop.