Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

How does front PTO work on 7012?

Torino

Storm, My 7012 appears to be stock and it has a front PTO on it. I used it for years to clear my driveway with a 42 inch blower. Only reason it has a plow on it now is I clear snow with a 7118. If the tractor has a front PTO, the level to turn it off and on should be located on the side of the driveshaft tunnel, just in front of the seat. One side of the tunnel should have the mid PTO level and the other side should have the front PTO level. If you are missing one of the levels, then the tractor only has one PTO (unless parts are missing). Rick......

The front PTO on a 7012 would be a manually operated mechanical clutch mounted on the front shaft of the engine. It would be controlled by a rod and lever handle mounted on the right side of the tractor. The front PTO clutch was an option required with a snowblower.