Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

16HP KOHLER MODEL-K341AQS

a_sannine
just like to know what's AQS stand for ? i bought this strong running 16 HP for $50 and it got the round pan in the bottom , which will not fit my simplicity , but for $50 , how can u pass , the engine runs like new . just curious to know what it came off , as i know cub had the round pan , how about john deer did they make them with round pan ? thanks

SmilinSam
Take a good look at the bottom of that engine. Some of the A series blocks also had flanges to bolt the regular style pan onto( the pan used on Simplicity tractors). Cubs, Deeres, Ford/Jacobsens, Wheel Horse, and others all used A blocks in some of their tractors.

a_sannine
i looked at the engine no flanges, but i lucked out today with an allis chalmers 416 no deck, that been sitting for over 5 years, i bought it for $100, came home cleaned carb and gas pump, drained tank from old gas, cleaned points and fired right up, it is a hydrostatic vickers transmission, that runs great, i love the 16hp kohlers, a lot of power, and the vickers seem in good shape no leaks, but the mice chewed up some wires, that i'll be replacing tomorrow, thanks for all the info guys