Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
GregB

Finally a Loader Tractor

GregB
Heres a few pics of the loader that got me hooked on this "hobby". I bought the L-10 loader on a home built tractor about 23 years ago. After this site came up, and I found it and I finally realized what kind of tractor the loader should have been mounted to all along. I picked up this 110 to mount the loader. It still needs some tweeking, but it runs and works. Its actually a 116 right now. 16hp transplant, and added hydro lift. I added the stack muffler and support. Running Skid steer type rear lugs, I'll see how they work out. YOu can't see it, but I added the thrust bearings to the "king pins" and also rebushed the front axle pivot bolt. Instead of a weight box, I made a bracket for suitcase weights.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/loader1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/loader2.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/loader3.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/loader4.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/loader5.jpg[/img]

GregB
I wanted to make sure the exhaust was out of my face. Low hanging branches are not much of a problem at my place. I have plenty of chainsaws and trimmers :D

GregB
Marty, I'll have to look in the archives for that one. Definately before the digital camera time. The father inlaw and I put it back together about the size of a Farmall Cub. try to find a photo that i can scan and post. Greg

GregB
Yea I know, the green has got to go. But remember I have been looking at it longer than you all have :D There are various colors, and bare metal that need dealt with this summer. I still need to tweak a few things, got to make floorboards (Not Running boards;))for between the sub frame and tractor frame. I do have some diamond plate, but then I also have a set of running boards from the 7013 I parted. Last summer I picked up a rough L-12, bad valve and cylinders, time to start referbing that to swap out the trip dump. Tried to figure out an easy way to reset the bucket, I guess I'll get the hand of it sometime. Any tricks to re-latch the bucket? As to the Johnny Bucket, right now it is on the top storage shelf. I used it last summer on the 917H, so it might stay around a little longer. With the Slopes at my place, it would be nice to have a low center of gravity bucket to run the compost up from near the creek.

jjouelle
Nice set-up and I like the weight rack dOd Since I just bought a hydro unit for mine last week, I was wondering if that had enough fluid capacity and/or force to operate a loader; or does it have it's own pump and reservoir ? Also, once I put mine on, what fluid do you guys use ? Now I just have to decide if I should put it on the 64 LL or the 69 3112 (now a 3116)...Any thoughts? Thanks for any help you can provide.

GregB
Marty, Dug these out of the negative and print archives this AM and scanned the in. Wow are we spoiled by digital or what :D The boy in the picture, my son Anthony, Is in his second semester at the University of Pittsburgh in Johnstown, PA.
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/homeb1.jpg[/img]

[img]/club2/attach/GregB/homeb2.jpg[/img]
The story behind it, bought it as a pile of parts from a buddy who was moving to New York. Had to extend the pipe based frame, welded the jeep axle in place, dimond plate deck. I had a Wisconsin AEH single cylinder, Rockford In/out wet clutch, a Chevy dump truck trans, with a PTO off the side, chain drive to a drive shaft I have to fabricate. It did have hydraulic brakes, used a VW bus master cycinders to drive each Jeep wheel cylinder. What a beast, at this house we did not have a place to store it inside. So it sat out, was always hard to start, I would have to pull the magneto, spin it with a drill real fast to get it to spark, then reinstall. The neighbors all thought I was a littlesm00. When I found this site, long ago, the homebuilt was destined for the pile of parts I started with. What I did not sell, went for scrap. The Father-inlaw still has the rear tires. I still have the 94 Cherokee that is in the second picture for size comparisions.