Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

simplicity 7119

a_sannine
i am restoring this tractor my only problem so far is the hydraulic lift , it is not moving all the way up and down , it just goes up like 2" and the same the other way . known it got the Sundstrand transmission. what should i check . tractor been sitting for over 6 years now every thing runs great except for hydraulic lift thanks

RayS
Is the filter the remote filter or on the pump? You can use type F, Dexron, Simplicity multi-purpose hydraulic/transmission fluid and Allis Power fluid 821.

a_sannine
filter under the pump and it is like cars filter but shorter body can i find the Simplicity multi-purpose hydraulic/transmission fluid and Allis Power fluid 821. at any auto store or it got to be from simplicity dealer thanks

RayS
The long remote filter is Simplicity part number 1690954. The short filter on the Sunstrand is Simplicity part number 1671234. I use either a Wix 51084 or a Wix 51068 which would be a 1084 or 1068 NAPA filter. For the 1690954 filter. I use a NAPA Gold 1335 for the short one on the Sundstrad.

RayS
I use Dexron in mine. You can buy in a gallon jug at Walmart for less than $10.00. The Allis power fluid is at any AG store like TSC. The Simplicity oil you would have to get from them.

RayS
Not sure if it would solve problem. I would check fluid level and see if full. I know that if our forklifts at work are not full of fluid like they are suppose to be the mast won`t lift as far. Also a filter that has been sitting six years probably should be changed as well as the oil. I bought a tractor that the previous owner never changed the oil and filter in. It was very sluggish and whining real bad. Amazing what $15.00 for oil and a filter will do.

BLT
C-4 oil is basically 10W-30 used by Allison as a heavy duty Dexron, meaning it takes the heat better and resists foaming. Allison uses it on the big transmissions (7-1500 HP) and for the military SP series transmissions. It is a heavier oil and has more friction when starting in cold weather.

Ronald Hribar
When you say it only moves so far. Have you actually looked at hydraulic cylinder ? Does it move completely open and closed ? The mower lift does not move very far. Do you have a rear lift ? You would see more movement there.

a_sannine
ok thanks i just changed the transmission fluids using type F and new filter from napa 1068 greased all fittings and fixed the hydraulic lift , and the problem been , the bracket where the piston hooks was up side down , trapping the movement of piston so the tractor right now running mint thank you guys for all the info u provided

GWGAllisfan
While we're discussing adding fluid to a sunstrand Hydro., Has anyone a trick they would like to share toi make adding it any easier? I haven't found a funnel small enough to fit the fill tube and it's a real chore to add fluid to mine.

Roy
Randy, I use a clothes pin to hold the release valve up and a small funnel to pour oil into the fill tube. Yes, it is a pain. Have thought about removing a release valve and pouring the oil in from the top but haven't tried it yet.

a_sannine
guys it is very easy here what i did , i hold release valve open with left hand and i have a funnel that i glued a hose that fits the tube , hold the funnel to the back with wire , and jack the rear end of tractor , and it takes the oil as fast as u can pour .