Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Marty-MN

hub repair

Marty-MN

[img]/club2/attach/Marty-MN/b10hub.gif[/img]
Would not have been hard to fix if the last person had not welded the collar to the axle. I think next time the big ten will become a hydro.

HubbardRA
Find an axle, diff, and hubs from an RBT. That will give the later model diff system and the right hub that has the gear furnace brazed to it with no pins. I put one of the newer setups from an AC716H into my 61 Wards (Simp 700) tractor. Fits right in the 3 speed tranny just like the other setup and works great. Also has the factory welded on left hub which eliminates the troublesome set screw arrangement. I like the later model setup much better than the older ones. No screws to adjust or nylon pads to wear out, no pins to wobble out, no problems with the left hub, just a better arrangement. If you decide to swap, you will need the axle and hubs, and the entire diff.

ZippoVarga
Found that out my self after noticing that the 310 I have has the left hub welded and no roll pins in the right hub. It's good to know that I can swap the whole kit and kabootle. Thanks for that info Rod!!!

Marty-MN
I put the hub in a mill and did a little cleanup then drilled new holes between the old ones. machined the weld off the collar and put it together. Then bought a used hub to put on when this one gives up or maybe before.

Sign in to follow this