Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

eating B112 snowblower belts

pullgear

I would like advice with my B112 42"snowblower. I am not doing something correct The belts are becoming twisted and than they fail. The blower is heavey and I am getting tired of replacing the belt. Thanks Scott

Scott, What are you using for belts? Are you using a Simplicity belt or an aftermarket belt. If yo are using an aftermarket belt that is your problem. Simplicity belts are designed to run on the back side of pulleys, while aftermarket belts are not. If you are running Simplicity belts, check the condition of the pulleys, make sure they turn freely and are in line with the travel of the belt. In this case a belt is not a belt; Simplicity belts may cost more, but will last considerable longer. I have been using the same Simplicity belt for 5 years without any trouble. Rick........

Ditto on using Simplicity belts. Also make sure the 2 belt guides on each side of the tractor drive pulley are as close to the pulley as possible without touching it. I have had the belt turn over because the guides were not close enough to the drive pulley. Good luck and let us know when you solve your problem.

Thank you,All, I will certainly let you know how it goes. I guess now it is clear that I am going to peal open my tight wallet and buy an OEM belt.

Scott, As you will find out the while Simplicity belts are more expensive to purchase, but in the long run they are cheaper. As I stated I have used the same belt on my 42 inch blower for 5 years. It takes me on average 1 1/2 hours to clear my driveway and required paths. (Usually heavy wet snow) Maynard has cleared a large parking lot for years with the same belt. He was routinely blowing snow for 8 hours a day with no trouble. Again heavy wet snow. Try a Simplicity belt, check the alignment, condition of the pulleys, and belt guides. I know the right belt will stop your problems. Good luck and let us know how you make out. Rick......