Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Todays Purchase

captainweezy

I started out buying this one just for the tiller but have since decided to put the 12 horse kohler in my 712. The tiller is in real good shape and the tractor is in real good shape also. It is very strait. Even has a custom cup holder! I plan on reselling the 912 along with the deck, and a B series tiller after I swap out some parts. I am pretty sure I should be able to swap the motors out just fine but im not 100% sure. Anyone know for sure? I have not really had a chance to look at the pans yet.

Why not use it as is? I would hate to part it out unless it has other issues... My current tiller does not have the pulleys and its yellow, also does not have any sides so it throws dirt everywhere. The guy I purchased this from would not separate the tiller from tractor. I already have too many tractors and I am spoiled with the hydro lift on my 917. The reason why I want to pull the motor and swap it, is because my nice 712 has a bit of sentimental value(first allis). The motor is 30 over and needs a rebuild. Im not really parting it out, I am just stealing the best parts for my 917 and swapping them over. The seat and rear fenders are in better shape. That kind of stuff. :D