Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another Incredibly Stupid Project

xenon172

Just in time for spring we put the finishing touches on this 1970 Toro 732 snow blower. It was one of those in between things that one does while waiting for parts or paint to dry. It's a real monster machine that has been here for the last 3 years and every once in a while a part would get done here and there. Even got a little carried away one night after getting home from too long of a night at the Legion and had some decals made up. Stole a 7 horse Briggs long block on Ebay for about the same price as a piston and rings and used that to replace the old tired engine. Painted parts once in a while with rattle cans and finally wound up with a snow blower. This is a man's machine with independent clutches for turning this 400 pound unit. It's amazing how "gearing" can make a 7 horse engine have more than enough power for a 32" cut. Now that it's done we have to figure out what to do with it. I guess we'll try and sell it to build up the tractor fund

quote:
Originally posted by perry
looks sharp. have you tryed it out yet ?.
Yes this thing is a monster. Throws snow like there is no tomorrow

Seems to me it be a quick sale this weekend in your part of the country. sounds like the east coast just can't get enough play time this year.;)

I think I've looked at this thread about ten times.... man that is one slick piece of work. I'm just glad to get my machines working and just don't seem to have a nack for perty......