Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

East coast gets it again......

BLT

.....MORE SNOW!! All of us in the midwest just sit here and watch our equipment rust up. Can we sue them for alienation of affection or sumpin like that? ^ Well anyway pictures mun, pictures. Sleep well.8D

Its cyclic. Here in Columbus Ohio we can have go year after year where our biggest snow is the 2-3" variety. This year has been a bit different and it has stayed cold enough for it to stay longer than a couple of days. I'll fix that though, when my tractors are snow ready next season, we'll be back to the 2-3" "storms"....

Here in MO the snow totals are quite variable. Haven't seen much here in Central MO, while both north and south have seen much heavier amounts this year. I can live without the snow, I'm in an apartment most of the time so playing with tractors isn't an option anyway, I'd just like to see some 40+ temps again, its been brutally cold here.

I'm in that band that falls between the 6"-12" or 12"-24". If I had a running machine, I'd be fine. However, my 4040 is in pieces in the barn and I really don't want to clear it w/ the walk behind. I'm hoping I can get the tractor back together tonight.

Bob, The snows caught me napping this winter. I plan to send the snow back your way by having three tractors up and ready next winter. My 716H with a snowblower, my 713S with a blade, and the EF1 with the bucket for the really heavy snow. This year all I had ready for the first 15 inch snow was the EF1. A bucket does the job but is slow going since you need to dump it so often. I had the blade on the 716H by the third snow, which helped a lot. Next year I will also have the blower mounted and ready. I also fixed a walk behind snowblower that belongs to one of my neighbors. That is a backup now.:D By the way, this current snow went North of us. We got nothing, and I love it.sm01 With all this equipment ready, it shouldn't snow here again for another 5 to 10 years. This is what happened the first time I mounted a snowblower on one of my tractors.

Well I am in the 12-24in area. Its been snowing since I got home this morning. Was much lighter earlier. Seams to be kicking in now as they said. 917 with the newer M-18 and blower is working well now after a few quirks. Also have a 125 Cub with a blade and a walk behind. My 2 23yr old sons should be home soon and I know at least one wants to play in the snow. If all else fails I will have to get old reliable out. The 89 GMC w/ the plow. Rusting out badly so I try not to use it much. By next year I should have the 919 re-engined and will but the blade on that. Who knows what else may come my way by then.

Hey I'm with Bob still could use a bit more winter seat time. Still trying some things to see if blower is improved. Plus want my money's worth before I have to change to "summer" oil.

I had 16.5" of extremely heavy wet snow to move. It is a good thing I have a plow because I don't think a blower would do much.

Some other part of the country needs to have some of our "fun" I move snow for my job, it can get pretty exciting, dull or downright crazy at times.

We got 8 inches of rain and two inches of slush tahts gone....I want more snow or spring either or.

Dave, I'm with you. I'd like to quote Spaceballs and say "we ain't found ****". I mean I've got the truck ready and the 101 setup as a spare. For the past 2 years I haven't mounted the blower on another spare (to Rod's point) because I want the fun in the snow. :D At this point I've only gotten to tool around with the truck twice (at the end of '09) and just because I gave the 101 a teaser with the last 2"er that we had.... come on bring it Jack Frost ya pansy!! ngr2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Johnsteer
    • littlefan
    • Snojetter
    • JAV13037
    • andrew68
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts