Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
a_sannine

simplicity 3415H snow thrower

a_sannine
the snow thrower on this tractor is sucks , keep clogging is that normal? it is single stage , first year i use it , as i always use the plow any thing i can do about that ? thanks

a_sannine
i don't know i tried every thing , slow ,fast i got to check rust though , but i don't think it is rusty , as it looks like new did u guys see that simplicity on eBay , how clean it is , i wish i am close to this location , mint shape check it guys item number 120536217819

Brettw
My 42" on the 7112 throws it all very well. It has only clogged one time, other than that, absolutely no complaints. If you are running off of a front PTO and are using the wrong size (too small) pulley, you may not have enough impeller speed. And as said above WOT all the time.

a_sannine
just gave it a coat of high gloss , because i see some rust will try it tomorrow when it drys , i tried it at full speed , still clogging thanks

JohnMBerst
While not A 42", I have a 36" which works great. Besides painting smooth, I used the cheap paint from Menard's black, I spray with a product called Jig-a-Loo which is also purchased from them. Works great, and on sale is .99 a can. Nothing sticks, and we do have wet snow here in WI. I do run WOT and keep the auger full. Do about 5 drives, and some area out back without problem. I watch how much is rolling out the sides of the front to gauge snow input. My .02..

goatfarmer
Wet, mushy type snow will clog the chute. I really haven't found much you can do with it, but try what the others said.

LPH-5
Like Ken says MUSHY snow will clog the chute, I got a B110 with a 36-single belt on it,(new paint on the blower with auto wax on it works good) It take a couple years, and in Different temp snow to make it work you will get the hang of it, Dont give up (unless you see tulips, then you can put it away,,Good Luck..

Burntime
I run everything form powder to slush thru mine. Yes the wet stuff will clog easier but usually hit it once or twice and it will blow free. I get maybe 2 clogs a year and usually blow them free...