Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
crewchief12

Modified Rear Lift - 1.25" hitch adaptor

crewchief12
I modified the rear lift on the B112 to accept a 1.25" hitch, seems to work great moving my boat, wood splitter, small trailers, etc. without having to get the truck out of the garage. Of Course all implements need to be modified as well but it is more versatile for me. I made a small cooler/tool rack (gloves, towels, small clippers) for the yard in the summer,most important the cooler goes where ever the B is, never left behind on the other side of the property.

Northern tool has the hitch adaptor or you can fab it. I chose to buy it for this application to see if the idea would work. http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_133741_133741

johnmonkey
That is a good idea, thanks for sharing. I guess that some other implement could be adapted to fit. The first one that comes to mind is the cargo carrier that attaches to the back of a car. Anyone think of any other ideas? jh

crewchief12
The plate was already bent from the round pipe already installed, just need a little grinding to square it up, this is a modidifed orginal lift unit, all I did was grind the welds and slip the roind pipe off the piviot point, the new 1.25" adaptor needs one more hole drilled and you slide it right on the piviot point, just like the pipe came off, sorry no pics of the fabrication I hope you can visualize. Since the picture I cut 2 inches off the the hitch to pull it in a bit closer to the tractor, as far as the height, I have no problem with empty trailers, moving my 1400 lb Lund also presents no problem at all. I move the boat every Friday night (100+ feet)to the front of the garage for staging, been doing it since the spring, pictures are from the spring. Would not go four wheeling with it but on flat ground manueving large heavy obejects quickly is safe and stable. Backing the boat into the garage is really easy. I delayed the post to ensure there were no negative effects, been in service since approx. April 2009. Never pulled the front off the ground. The only weight I have is front wheel weights, they stay on all year. As far as addapting, I use dumbell weights for counter balence in the winter (offset snow blower weight, see picture gallery) I just placed a 1" black pipe in the square hitch and redrilled a hole for now, works well. I am working on making a square slide in adaptor with a round hole to accept the original implement lift items. Thanks for the feedback and sorry I posted this in the wrong place, I realized it after I was done. I hope I answered everyone questions and this is helpful. Really, there was no need to yell. Mike