Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rick66

3012v manual

rick66
Hey every one. I recently purchased the 3012 that was on Ebay. Looks like its good shape just no spark. I'll probably putting a coil or magnatron on it, whichever is the cheapest and easiest. Could someone post a manual for the 3012v 990434. I got the one from simplicity I can look at on the Computer but when I try to print, the first page is OK and all the rest are black for some reason. Also I'd like to find a right side panel (Battery side) if someone can part with on. I'll post pics sometime when i get around to it.

dirtsaver
Rick just eliminate the points system and install a coil with the onboard electronic ignition. I used one off a reamed out Briggs single we had lying in the junk pile. Just get one with a long enough ignition wire to reach the spark plug. I've been running mine several years now and it works great. You can even keep the original wiring. Just connect the kill wire from the point box back to the coil and make sure it's insulated. Larry

a_sannine
about no spark , clean the points and adjust the gap to 0.20 if still no spark , just ignore old coil and power it with kholer coil and it will run great , i got one i 've been beating on for so long with this kind of set up . if u like more details will be more than happy to tell u step by step .

UCD
a_sannine Items for sale belong in the classifieds as well as wanted items. This is not a classified forum. Items For Sale or Wanted Belong In The Classified Ads. General discussion of garden tractors and garden tractor-related issues. If it's not about garden tractors, please post it it in the Coffee Shop or elsewhere!