Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
spt1

Manual Gear or Hydro for Tractor with Cadplans Buc

spt1
What is better to have? Manual trans with clutch or Hydro trans for dedicated tractor with loader bucket like cadplans unit...Not sure what to buy...

spt1
If your tractor has a hydro trans you "might" be able to use the pump as the hydraulic source for the bucket. With a manual trans you will have to install a pump, valves, and reservoir (not an easy or inexpensive job). That's why there is interest in the JohnnyBucket (no hydraulics).

spt1
Johnny bucket does not have the features that I am looking for. It looks to be a well made tool but I am looking for hydrolics. As for pumps and valves, I am not too concerned with that becasue I have an outlet for used hyrolic gear. I am more concerned about the transmission and the wear and tear the 'pushing' will put on the tractor. Not to mention operation. using your foot to engage the clutch a versus using your hand to move the shuttle control while operationg the bucket kind of scenario...

spt1
Either trans should work fine and hold up the same. I'm partial to hydro drive because I believe they're easier on the rest of the tractor, and the operator, plus I'm lazy.