Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
LesH

Cutting Deck Repair---

LPH-5
Les, I did with JB Weld on a 42" deck, rust holes, I sand blast the deck then JB Weld the holes and sanded it down. Its been three or four years and looks good, And is still holding, Good Luck..

jerseyjoe
I've used a heavy duty flashing material or flexible sheet metal... pop rivets, then JB, and bondo on the outside. You've got to get it "squeaky" clean! It works... of course the holes are no bigger than a quarter (at most). Good Luck, Joe in Jersey

crewchief12
I fixed a few with a second scrap deck that rusted out somewhere else, I cut out the section needed and plated it on the inside or outside, worked really well, have done it twice on two seaparate decks, saved a bunch of time and money for my buddy. Stronger than fiberglass, one deck I welded and the other we did the modification on sight with just bolts to keep him cutting.

jbird243
I used fiber glass and epoxy to fill in holes in a deck --- worked good --- used two layers of fiber glass coated with the epoxy from West Marine. I had the material on hand for other work. I also painted the inside of a good deck to protect from rust.