Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
powermax_paul

Another Sort of Simple Tractor

powermax_paul
I bought my Debbie a little machine today. It's a Simplicity "Sunrunner" 8 HP front deck rider. She likes my Powermax tractors for work around the yard, but she doesn't like mowing the lawn with them because of the size. So, I got her this one. Is anyone familiar with these front deck riders to give me some pointers on O&M? It doesn't climb hills very well, are there chains available? Powermax_Paul

B_WALLY_
Paul, I got a 12hp hydro with the dump box for my dad to use. He can get up to it and put his canes in the box and slide onto the seat. His property is level so it has no problems but the size of the deck is a little small. We sold it because he couldn't get out anymore, but it was a great little machine. The guy that bought it has two now and loves them both. I do have a manual on it yet if you are interested. # 920-387-3627

Bear
Paul, We own a 16hp Sunrunner and had the same problem, spinning out. Went out and bought Snowhog snow tires, same size, now unit works great. Does tear the lawn a little bit on turns. Just my input. Thanks.